Getting ready for our Gathering of Online Community Enthusiasts

Getting ready for our Gathering of Online Community Enthusiasts

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 2
Welcome! You've probably arrived at this forum because you've heard about the Gathering of Online Community Enthusiasts event on May 1st. We have several weeks to prepare for our time together in Vancouver. Be sure to ask questions and offer suggestions!

What: A one-day gathering of individuals who are involved in online community work.

When: May 1, 200, 9:00 - 3:30ish

Where: Vancouver, Segal Building

Why:
  • become acquainted
  • share information/challenges/questions/solutions related to our communities and projects
  • explore ways that we can form some sort of support network, pool resources, and advance our work together
Who: People living in British Columbia or near by and interested in online communities.
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Getting ready for our Gathering of Online Community Enthusiasts

by Sylvia Currie -
You're receiving this message directly from SCoPE Online Community Enthusiasts because you responded YES to the RSVP poll.

This is just a quick note to say that planning is well underway! Today I'm browsing the catering menu. Such tough decisions! smile Be sure to report any wild allergies.

There are several enthusiasts who have emailed me to say they really really really want to come but still need to work out logistics of travel, time away from the office or classroom, etc. I expect to see some more smiling faces on our participant list by the end of this week.

Just 2 weeks away! Expect more details to flow. Ask questions.
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Getting ready for our Gathering of Online Community Enthusiasts

by Sylvia Currie -
I've had 2 questions via email about our upcoming event so thought I should respond here in case you all have the same questions.

Q: Where is the Segal Building?
A: Here's a map

Q: What time does it start?
A: We've scheduled 9:00 - 3:30. We may go a little longer, and I expect we'll take the conversation to a pub afterward. It is Friday after all! :-)