Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone!

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 2
I was hesitant to cut into Gary's final thread asking for ideas about what to do next and how to go about doing it. Three weeks isn't quite long enough to take some of these great ideas to the next steps! Even though our seminar was scheduled to end March 22, feel free to come back any time to post afterthoughts.

Gary and Vivian, thanks so much for bringing this topic to us, and thanks everyone for your contributions. It was especially interesting to learn from international participants as a way to inform possible directions for Canada. Many resources mentioned during our discussion were collected into the wiki. Thanks everyone who helped with that!

Our next scheduled seminar is Evaluation Practices for Informal/Self-Paced Adult Learning: with William Owen and Carine Levine, April 13-May 1, 2009. Hope to see you all there!

You may also be interested learning about Marginalia, the open source web annotation system we have installed here in SCoPE. Marginalia allows users of web applications to highlight text and write margin notes. Join Cindy Xin, Andrew Feenberg, and Geof Glass for a presentation and open discussion April 8th at 17:00 GMT (check your time zone) in Elluminate.

Sylvia Currie
SCoPE Coordinator
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Thanks everyone!

by Gary Hunt -
Thank you very much everyone! Once I get this semester finished, I will post some follow-up comments. In particular, I will keep you informed on the progress of developing a survey--something that a number of you thought was a useful next step in the process.

Please don't hesitate to contact Vivian, Sylvia, or me if you hear of other activities occurring that relate to this initiative.

Regards,
Gary
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Thanks everyone!

by Vivian Neal -

I want to add a final note of thanks to all of you who shared your ideas and resources and helped move this important topic forward.  I'll be looking forward to hearing about and participating in further discussions about Teaching Expectation Frameworks in Canada.  My experience in the UK has helped me understand the challenges and opportunities of professionalizing teaching in higher education, and this international exchange has been most enlightening.

Feel free to add any more resources to the seminar wiki - I have heard already that Barb has used some of the resources with her instructors (great that these are useful!) 

I wish Gary and his colleagues a fun and productive session at the upcoming STLHE conference and I hope participants can continue to develop the ideas discussed in this seminar.

I hope to "see" you in the upcoming SCoPE seminars.

Vivian