(Off Topic) A question about Moodle.

(Off Topic) A question about Moodle.

by Emma Duke-Williams -
Number of replies: 2
Sorry to ask this here - do I have to have a "Description" in the Profile field. I decided to put my blog & photo in the profile, and by accident put an "x" in the description field. I now can't get rid of it, when I delete it, Moodle tells me that I have a missing description - so the "x" stays.
Do I have to have one, once I have put something in there?
Not that I mind having one, I just don't like software that decides things for me!
In reply to Emma Duke-Williams

Re: (Off Topic) A question about Moodle.

by Sylvia Currie -
Hi Emma,
The description field does get pesty! You've identified the problem (can't delete content in that field completely) and the solution (put a character in there and the system won't complain). I did a quick search at moodle.org and see there's a way to comment out the missing description feedback in the code. There are good reasons for having profile descriptions in an online community, but maybe less so now that more members have web sites and blogs.

Meanwhile I deleted your 'x' for you, so it looks nice and clean.

BTW, we have a start on a collection of members' blogs. If you have a minute, add your blog to the list.

Cheers,
Sylvia
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: (Off Topic) A question about Moodle.

by Emma Duke-Williams -
Hi Sylvia
I've added my blog. I agree in fact about the idea that it's good to have a profile - what I found frustrating is that initially I didn't have one, and then when I created one by accident, I couldn't get rid of it.

Emma