There are hints of what methods do/don't work in many of the threads and I thought it might be useful to create a top level topic to consolidate that info.
We can begin by summarizing some points based on U.N. Gives Failing Accessibility Grades to the Planet's Top Web Sites
United Nations study finding only three leading Web sites around the world—out of 100 studied—meeting the needs of "persons with disabilities"
- Fail to provide adequate text descriptions for graphics - 93%
- Use pop-ups, which cause problems for those using screen magnification software - 87%
- Do not allow people to alter or resize fonts and/or images - 97%
- Use colors with poor contrast - 78%
- Offers poor page navigation -89% (I can't find out how they defined "poor navigation" perhaps navigation is like art - I know it when I see it)