Topic 1: Desired outcomes of a national system of training and credentialing

Re: Topic 1: Desired outcomes of a national system of training and credentialing

by Vivian Neal -
Number of replies: 2

I'm attaching a one-page document which describes the learning outcomes for our second course, the Developing Professional Practice:  Supporting Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.  For creative disciplines, we have a separate, but similar course, with slightly differenct learning outcomes, Develoing Professional Practice in the Arts.

I'd be interested in knowing how applicable (or not) these attached learning outcomes would be in a Canadian or American context.  See also the sheet I attached to my last posting.

Keep in mind that these learning outcomes have been developed by the University of Plymouth based on the Higher Education Academy framework.

In reply to Vivian Neal

Re: Topic 1: Desired outcomes of a national system of training and credentialing

by Gary Hunt -
Vivian, I think your examples fit well with elements of content in many Canadian training programmes. The link here goes to the University of British Columbia faculty teacher training certificate program. If you go to the specific learning outcomes you can see what the students do.

Gary

(Edited by Sylvia Currie - original submission Monday, 9 March 2009, 08:56 PM. Fixed link)

In reply to Vivian Neal

by Barbara Berry -
Hi Vivian,
Thanks for this project module assessment rubric. I like the expectations in the (left) column however, I think that the "pass-fail" approach reinforces a paradigm that may not "fit" for all.

What happens if someone "fails"?
Barb