Topic 1: Desired outcomes of a national system of training and credentialing

Re: Topic 1: Desired outcomes of a national system of training and credentialing

by Vivian Neal -
Number of replies: 0

The prescriptive-ness that Alice, Rosalie and Barb all discuss is central to how we go about support the HE teachers.  The notion of lesson plans in HE would be frowned upon here in the UK I am sure. However, the Higher Education Academy has gathered a huge number of teaching resource in a wide variety of subjects, and these can be used by anyone to support their teaching - see the Subject Cetres at:  http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/ourwork/networks/subjectcentres

I'll also attach a one-page document which describes the learning outcomes of the first required course on our LTHE program.  You can see that the learning outcomes are very general, yet for our second course (sorry, I can't seem to attach 2 documents to the same posting) we have a separate course for lecturers in the creative disciplines such as architecture, dance and fine arts - we found that the standard set of learning outcomes was too narrow for the creative domains.