Many of you will remember Vivian Neal who has co-facilitated SCoPE seminars for us in the past on the role of instructional designers and teaching & learning centres. Vivian is currently on secondment to University of Plymouth where she is teaching in the Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, a manditory program for all new lecturers.
Please join us Tuesday, March 3 at 19:00 GMT, 11:00 a.m. PST for the seminar kick off session via Elluminate.
Deirdre Bonnycastle has started a new thread for introductions here. (Thank you Deirdre!) Gary has sketched out the seminar structure for our 3 weeks together, and we have a wiki set up to gather seminar highlights and resources. Please feel free to contribute to the wiki! Alice Macpherson has gratiously volunteered to help keep the wiki organized and healthy. (Thank you Alice!)
Here are a few guidelines for participation in SCoPE seminars:
- To respond to a question, or to comment/expand on a topic, open the relevant post and click the "reply" button.
- To introduce a new topic open the seminar and click the "begin a new discussion thread" button.
- As appropriate, change the subject heading to reflect the content of your post.
- To help others understand the context of your message, remind the reader of the question/comment you are responding to, and the author.
- The default setting for SCoPE seminars is "subscribe initially". This means that you will receive forum posts by email if you have your email account enabled on the site. To unsubscribe, or to subscribe via RSS, go to the forum list. From that page you can also switch tracking off and on, which is a cue to alert you to unread forum posts.
- You may opt to turn off email options altogether in SCoPE. Click on your name anywhere it appears on the site then the "edit profile" tab. If you choose that option be sure to subscribe to the MicroSCoPE newsletter so you will continue to receive updates about SCoPE activities.
- Open a forum discussion thread to access the forum search tool.