Barriers to Open Source

Re: Marginalia

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 1
Thanks for coming to the rescue, Geoffrey!

My experience matches yours. I think earlier I was sliding my mouse over to the annotation space instead of hitting Enter. But it's working fine to type Enter.

I checked in other areas of SCoPE and noticed that here in the Scheduled Seminars area the top annotation pull-down menu was pushed way over to the right. I had to scroll sideways to see it. (My admin view is a little different, but the placement of that pull-down menu isn't consistent across SCoPE) Anyway, that issue and the disappearance of the button to create new annotations could be related to a change in theme and some customization work on the site. I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks again!

In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Marginalia

by Sylvia Currie -
Geof Glass and Trevor Bradley sorted out the Marganilia - SCoPE issue. It required a little CSS fix.

So now when you open a forum discussion and activate the annotations function (top right) you will see a yellow bar separating the message and annotation space. If you select some text in a message, then mouse over to the right, click on that yellow bar, or hit your enter key to create an annotation for the selected text. Here's a demo.