- Victoria Day Monday, May 18 is an official holiday from the course - activities remain open in Moodle for those who choose
- Ross and I are proposing moving the final synchro session from Thurs. May 28 to Friday, May 29 @ 12:30-1:15pm. PDT - please let us know below if that would NOT work for you
Some themes that stood out for me this week are below. Anything that stood out for you? Please let us know below.
- Community - challenges and methods of cultivating learning communities in online environments
- Group Work - breakout rooms for group work - combining multiple platforms for 'break out' group work
- Safety - ways to encourage online learner risk-taking and experimentation
- Migration - how to rebuild successful f-t-f activities in online contexts
Looking forward to seeing if some of these get tackled in the facilitator sessions :)Reminder of guidelines for facilitation sessions:
- Topic: Whatever you feel comfortable with - no need to research or create something new (unless you want to)
- Length: 15-30 minutes
- Evaluation: Facilitation Session Guide
- More info: Course Overview
- Schedule: TBD based on preferences indicated on Role Declaration doc - ideally we can schedule 2-3 facilitations per session . More to come on this next week.
I would prefer to keep the last session on the Thursday. On Friday, May 29, I have a meeting at noon.
Hi Mariana - thanks for letting us know.
We will maintain the original schedule - so the final synchro session will still be on Thursday, May 28 @ 12:30-1:15.
Hope to see you there :)