Activity 4. Reflection on the week

Activity 4. Reflection on the week

by Beth Cougler Blom -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all,

Well my parents are visiting from Ontario this week so I skipped a bit over Thursday and Friday activities in this course-apologies! I knew it would be a lot to take a micro-course in a week that I had visitors but I just couldn't help myself from signing up. I so enjoyed learning from you all (and the articles and resources) about metacognition. I have several new pages of notes and ideas in my learning journal as a result.

1.  What was particularly useful and interesting for you?

I loved reading through everyone's activities and offering feedback about them as well as watching other feedback come in. I also have some great ideas to enhance the design of Tracy's and my workshop, and I'm inspired also to look at the grad course I teach online in workplace innovation at Royal Roads (it's coming up again in January) to see if I can enhance some of the weekly activities to add in reflective discussion.

2. How could you share your learning about and application of metacognitive activities in course design with your colleagues?

I've been a fairly terrible blogger for months (do people read blogs anymore regularly?) but I think I might write a blog post on metacognitive activities at some point in the next week or two. Since I work with clients inside and outside of academia I think folks at non-profits, govt and companies could benefit from learning some of the basics about what metacognition even is and why we should care about it when devising learning activities and events.

3. How would you "participant-improve" this Micro FLO for the next participants?

I wonder if Activity 3 and 4 could be combined? But really, I'm somewhat grasping for ideas! Leonne and Viviana you were very engaged, positive and helpful facilitators throughout. Thanks for leading the way.

I look forward to the next FLO experience. Thank you all!