Activity 4: Janna's backward and forward reflection

Activity 4: Janna's backward and forward reflection

by Janna van Kessel -
Number of replies: 0

As with all FLO courses I found this metacognitive microcourse it immensely valuable for a glimpse into other courses/contexts, peoples' experiences and wealth of knowledge, better empathize and feel what it is like to be an adult learner balancing competing demands, and receive constructive feedback in a supportive environment.

Given that I borrowed my activity from a team member who runs workshops on this topic, I am inspired to follow-up with a discussion about language and engaging learners in a redesign. I would also advocate to be involved in workshop development where I could bring forward ideas and resources from this course.

As I am still catching up on all of the activity posts, I think about how I could have built in earlier work in these forums. Despite unanticipated events in our community that pulled me away from being more present online, I still feel guilty for not being able to respond more to others. Reflecting on this I wonder if creating an individual definition of what success looks like in this metacognition course would be helpful?

warm wishes, Janna