Jane's LS activity

Re: Jane's LS activity

by Ross McKerlich -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Jane - I remember this LS from a conference I was at last year. It is very effective because it catches people off guard and encourages the flipside thinking. How would it work with the time interval between the sessions? Would this LS only be applied in the first session? Would there be a re application (or maybe a recap?) in subsequent sessions?

CDI sounds great by the way - we were just talking about a similar initiative yesterday!

Ross

In reply to Ross McKerlich

Re: Jane's LS activity

by Michelle Laurie -

Hi Jane and Hi Ross, 

Firstly Kudos to both of you for having awesome activities and ideas - very nice! 

Building a little on Ross's questions and comments my questions and comments are: 

1. I think is a fantastic way to go about the review process in broad strokes. 

2. I would keep it to day one as other days could be dedicated to more detailed thinking/changes needed. 

3. I imagine you could probably use the other course instructors to provide some ideas on breaking the unhelpful patterns and coming up with solutions. Aside for detailed course content, some of the unhelpful ness may be in process and the way materials are delivered. This could be a follow up session (still on day 1) using Troika Consulting or nine why's (if unpacking why this is really not great is needed). 

4. In terms of figuring out ways to improve other parts of each course, I wonder if another helpful activity may be to develop a list of minimum specs for courses in general - what they must have. This could give people a shared understanding of what to look for (for example ensuring content is current and not from 20 years ago, etc). That may come up in the first activity too about what needs to change. 

Lots of ideas. Curious if any of the feedback is useful and if you have other questions? 

Cheers, 

Michelle