Greetings from Valérie d. Walker!

Greetings from Valérie d. Walker!

by Valérie Walker-MacPherson -
Number of replies: 0

Hi All! 

I am an educator,  parent/mother (happy mother's day!)  artist,  curator (Queer Art Festival visual art exhibtn 2018 my fav!).  I live in East Van, mount Pleasant and teach inter-disciplinary Foundation studio, natural dyeing, especially indigo, and digital arts (programming and hardware, responsive wearables) at Emily Carr Univ. in East Van and textile arts in my studio and other locales.   I'm multi-lingual (on a good day)  & am always grateful to have been welcomed to live and teach on these lands by Hereditary Chief Marilyn Gabriel. 
What people don't realize about me is I am an Indigo Griot.  I'm part Hawai'ian, &  lil known fact Barack (yes him) was our neighbor on the north shore!  ;-)  Too bad my mum couldn't swim and we moved back to NYC area before B&I started school. ;-(.

I'm excited to learn knew ways to address and speak about acknowledging our events/presence and herstory/history here in the unceded, traditional, ancestral homelands off the Coast Salish peoples, including the Xwməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxw 7mesh (Squamish), Səl'lwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), and Xyolhemeylh (Stó:lō) First Nations.  
This is my first FLO moodle workshop. I'm hoping to learn more about how that process can unfold and support our learning dialogues.  Thank you!   V.