Extreme Curriculum Development

second thoughts Re: Extreme Curriculum Development

by Gina Bennett -
Number of replies: 3

I'm thinking that for this activity to provide the benefits of a true discussion, I'll need to encourage dialogue. To do this, I'm wondering if it might be better to post an easier first step & then pose additional questions in response to how the conversation evolves. So... 2 specific musings:

• Instead of asking for 5 questions right off the bat, should I suggest the first participant should post only ONE question, and each participant add one to the list? 
  • maybe this would work best using Moodle's Q & A forum, in which a participant must first post their response before they can view other participants' posts?
In reply to Gina Bennett

Re: second thoughts Re: Extreme Curriculum Development

by Alice Macpherson -

How about "Up to five" or "One to three questions"?

People often brainstorm several options.

I like the idea of having them post before seeing other responses.

AliceMac

In reply to Gina Bennett

by Beth Cougler Blom -

Exactly what I was thinking about Moodle's Q&A forum type. Then you won't get the "but somebody already said what I was going to say and there was nothing left to say" type of response.

P.S. Where do I sign up for this ahhh-maaa-zzzing course?

In reply to Gina Bennett

by Leonne Beebe -

Gina,

This is so like you...have you picked your team yet?  Where and when do we apply?  

This almost sounds like you could start with, "What are five things that could go terribly wrong with this project if we don't have the necessary information? "  Then, you could follow this discussion with " What are the five most important factors we need to know to facilitate a successful project." 

Out of confusion comes clarity.

Leonne