Evening 4: Revising and a Request for Help

Evening 4: Revising and a Request for Help

by Sue Hellman -
Number of replies: 0

Revise

First I want to thank all of you who've shared your work. It's been a privilege to read it. Sylvia has done some reviewing, and I will follow suit tonight.

There's still time to join the discussion in the Open Forum or to share a draft of a new or older version of your TPS. Even if you're not at that stage, I hope you'll still jump in. Your feedback on the statements that have been posted would be most welcome. If your first draft is already up, you can learn a lot by applying a rubric or a checklist to give feedback to a colleague. From a writer's point of view, the wider the range of perspectives one receives, the more one has to think about during the revision process. 

Next, I want to apologize for being late with this announcement. I've been using the 'feedback' I've been receiving from reading your fist drafts to make some revisions and additions to Tabs 4a  (Self Check) & 4b (Give and Get Feedback).  Some of this content should have appeared in the Compose section, but it could still be useful to guide the revision process. 

Finally, I'm asking for your help. I haven't done a great job of providing information about improving writing mechanics as was requested by several participants in the pre-course survey. I've been thinking that crowd sourcing could be the way to go. I've set up a Google Doc with instructions at https://docs.google.com/document/d/12nuvd_IwSFRMfDkUgohUrRELwbGWoUbJH4mtm52u3D0/edit and am asking for your contributions. You can either share an error that drives you nuts (with a 'fix') or a question about some point of grammar that has you confused. After the course, I'll compile these into a Google Slides presentation and share the link with all. 

That's all for tonight.

PS. If anyone would like to collaborate with a 'grammar maven', please message me or reply here or below your TPS.  I'd be more than happy to help. 

Always at the ready