ID rubric

ID rubric

by Jamie Billingham -
Number of replies: 4

Hi folks,

Having a busier week that anticipated - here is a first run at a rubric for Instructional Design - not quite the assignment but have been thinking about this for awhile.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rJTvP1re9MV2LeJEqOBsaBMJSWpC1ornH8jXPKNqtd4/edit?usp=sharing

In reply to Jamie Billingham

Re: ID rubric

by Leonne Beebe -

Jamie,

I'm not familiar with Instructional Design but after reading your rubric content, it reminded me of writing grant proposals. Often the grant writer ends up getting overwhelmed and stressed out. Your describers of " Not Begun", In Progress" and "Fully Developed" felt like it was the the process/product being evaluated and not the person, so the rubric could be used as a check list to help motivate and encourage the person to continue working towards the end goal/product.

Out of confusion comes clarity.

Leonne

In reply to Leonne Beebe

by Jamie Billingham -

lol Thanks Leonne,

Very similar process as grant proposal writing.

I was thinking of it more as a way to assess the completeness of an instructional or curriculum design project. So more project assessment than the individual designer. 

(waiting for that clarity)

Jamie

by Karen Liska -

This is a really interesting rubric and I can see you have put thought into it. Is there points or scoring to be associated with this? Interesting how the top level has 'signed off' as the criteria, perhaps this could be a check box and numbered steps to keep everyone on track. 

Thank you for sharing!  

by Janna van Kessel -

Hi Jamie,

I can fully empathize about an unexpected busy week! Your Instructional Design rubric does remind me of planning projects.

Does sign off need to occur for each fully developed criteria? Your reference to use of examples and templates makes the expectation clear to your participant designers. I appreciate that your Instructional Design incorporate a backwards design approach!

thank you,

Janna