June's Introductory Video

June's Introductory Video

by June Kaminski -
Number of replies: 4

I am presenting a second video that provides a brief personal introduction that could be included in my courses. 

I hope you can see this - I did upload it to the Kaltura repository for this course but could not get it to display properly. 

I also ended up uploading it to YouTube - I could not make the Kaltura version show up here. 

Sorry, you will have to copy the link - when I make the link active, the display is enormous and will not load. 

BTW, this is definitely an excellent experience dealing with these issues as a student....I see now why some get so flustered. 

All the best,

June

VIEW ON YOUTUBE AT: https://youtu.be/Xddk8pLMiMA

(Edited by Sylvia Currie - original submission Thursday, 14 June 2018, 4:08 PM - embedded video)

In reply to June Kaminski

Re: June's Introductory Video

by Janet Webster -

Hello June,

I like your video introduction and the outdoor backdrop. Can you add text to the video which gives your name and KPU Faculty? I’m not sure which tools you could use.

Janet

In reply to Janet Webster

by June Kaminski -

Thanks for your input Janet and great tip. I will work on that!

All the best,

June

by Sylvia Currie -

June, this video suits you! In such a quick video and in so few words you were able to tell us so much just from your calm demeanor, the location you chose, and the way you touched on art, science, and technology.

Am I right that you plan to use your video in more than one course? I didn't notice any mention of course title, time of year, etc. It can be a clever way to go and I'm just curious if that was intentional. 

I might steal the sunglasses idea :) I tend to squint and look up when I'm trying to think of what to say. Solves that problem! :) 

The breeze caught up with the mic briefly but it wasn't too distracting. A portable tripod instead of trying to hold the camera steady would be one less thing to be thinking about. 

by Leonne Beebe -

June,

Just watching your background made me want to listen to what you have to say and to look forward to being in your class. There are sometimes the sounds of the outdoors, such as wind in the mic, but that goes with being outdoors.

Out of confusion comes clarity.

Leonne