Leonne's second intro video

Leonne's second intro video

by Leonne Beebe -
Number of replies: 6
In reply to Leonne Beebe

Re: Leonne's second intro video

by Leonne Beebe -

Help,  I can't seem to embed my video.  I see it in My Media, but it doesn't seem to want to embed.  All I'm getting is a long link name that doesn't open up the video,

Out of confusion comes clarity.

Leonne

In reply to Leonne Beebe

by Robin Leung -

Hi Leonne,

I think this has something to do with the system's end. Sylvia is working to fix this. You've done everything correctly. Stay put, and she's going to work some magic on her end.

In reply to Robin Leung

by Sylvia Currie -

I had one more box to tick to enable the embedding. Thanks Robin for alerting and helping me! And thanks Leonne for your patience!

In reply to Leonne Beebe

by June Kaminski -

HI Leonne, 

I enjoyed your first video but REALLY thought this one is great. Your sweater adds a lovely touch of colour that was missing in the first. Your script is clever, wise, and articulated beautifully. Very encouraging and motivating!

In reply to Leonne Beebe

by Leonne Beebe -
Thanks, Sylvia for embedding my video. It's these little things that just throw me because I think I have done something wrong, or I just didn't follow the directions right.  I'm sure our students often feel this, too, when posting.

Again, I asked for help, this time from Robin, our ed tech who loves making videos, as I wanted to use our TLC video room, which is quiet, has the program on the computer and has good lighting.  It took me a few deletes to decide if I wanted to sit, stand, be closer or farther from the camera, which sits on top of the computer. One of my problems was what to do with my hands and arms.  When I didn't stand far enough away, they seemed to flash out of nowhere, and when they showed, I saw myself clenching my fists as I tried to remember what I wanted to say. Also, I was seeing the mirror image of myself on the screen, which was challenging to know how to correct my movements.

I decided to think about how I would talk to my f2f class on the first day, and what I would say to them.  When I stopped thinking about what I was looking like and started focussing on what I wanted to say, I found it much easier to just talk.  However, that became a problem, too, as my videos were now too long:4 or 5 minutes. So I made several more deletes to get one down to 3 minutes, Again I ran out of time. I did notice I started to enjoy making these videos the better I got. Now, I am looking forward to making more when I have more time.

Another big challenge I had was the video program. For some reason, which I thought again was something I did wrong, the focus expanded and included the whole room with the speaker, chairs, and lights showing. Again, Robin came to my rescue.  He said it was the program, not me, and thankfully, he did the cropping and editing out the not-wanted background for me. 

I'm beginning to think it takes the whole TLC tech department to help me make a video and teach online. They are such a support.

Out of confusion came clarity - with a lot of help from my tech friends.

Leonne
In reply to Leonne Beebe

by Sylvia Currie -

Yes! What June said! You were really shining in this video, Leonne!

Thank you so much for sharing your process, thinking, and reflections as well. THIS is what made me smile:

"I did notice I started to enjoy making these videos the better I got. Now, I am looking forward to making more when I have more time."