Education Research in BC

Discussion re Education Research initiated by Baljeet

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 0
I'm copying the discussion topic initiated by Baljeet to this space for fear it will get lost. (The current settings for the SCoPE Announcements & Newsletter forum are open for all to post & reply, and this will likely change so we can keep it solely for broadcasting announcements)

f2.png
Is SCoPE open to educational technology research as well?
by baljeet dhaliwal - Monday, 29 August 2005, 05:10 PM

Or is it only the functional aspect of educational research we are talking about?

Baljeet

f2.jpg
Re: Is SCoPE open to educational technology research as well?
by Sylvia Currie - Monday, 29 August 2005, 08:20 PM
  Hi Baljeet, and welcome to SCoPE!

Absolutely, we are open to educational technology research. In fact, I expect it will be a main focus for our activities. During the first phase of the SCoPE project we dropped the "e" from "elearning" in the community description, thinking that it might encourage a focus that may no longer be as relevant or necessary as it once was. What do you think? Was that a mistake? I encourage you to raise these questions and others in our SCoPE: Next Steps discussion where we are sorting through these types of issues.

f2.png
Re: Is SCoPE open to educational technology research as well?
by baljeet dhaliwal - Wednesday, 31 August 2005, 01:46 PM

Thanks Sylvia.

Well I feel the elearning is a big part of edtech. Besides we have lots of expertise here at SFU itself. Besides the people Paul mentioned at http://scope.lidc.sfu.ca/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=20 , we have Vive Kumar and Marek Hatala as well. I am sure they will be happy to contribute to a forum like this. I might be wrong here, but my impression is that elearning supporters will tend to use these kind of forums more often than people carrying out pure educational research.

Regards

B