Please join me in our first LIVE (synchronous, online) Blackboard webinar (webmeeting?) session tomorrow,
- Wednesday, August 5th from 11:00 am to 12:00 noon PDT (see your time zone)
Remember to have a headset with a microphone (a webcam would be great too so we can meet "face2face" but it's optional) Try to join a little ahead of the scheduled time so you can complete the audio setup wizard (instructions on the first slide when you enter the room)
To get to the room: http://urls.bccampus.ca/
Note: If you run into trouble, I'll be monitoring the chat window in Collaborate. If you can't connect, email me email@example.com (I'll keep that open too).
Exploring Options, Selecting Approaches
During the LIVE session, I'd like to spend some time talking about engaging students AND how to get started on your online learning activity plan / build project. My proposed agenda:
- Introductions and sharing your objectives / intentions for the seminar
- Addressing any questions / confusions
- Quick recap of the reason we're using the Bonk and Khoo book "TEC-Variety" to frame our seminar work (see "A Starting Point: Framing Our Approach".)
- Discuss questions embedded in Linoit bulletin board shown in: First Steps: Planning Your OLA We can talk about some of the practical questions about how we can best share our developing plans to gather feedback from experienced online facilitators.
- Review the connections I presented in the topic thread: Finding OLA Ideas & Resources - between the motivational elements in the 10 Principles, the additional Padagogy Wheel resource. I'll ask you for suggestions as to the best way to share additional ideas for learning activities and/or tools/apps that might be useful (using the 10 principles to organize our growing collection? and where?)
If you can't make the synchronous session, we will record it and post it as soon as possible.
If there are questions you'd like us to consider, please post them to this forum before 10:50 am tomorrow!