Multimembership and Online Communities

Re: Multimembership and Online Communities

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Vance,
Thanks for you great "put the multimembership" tag and aggregate for the writingmatrix. I think you are setting well written ideas for people like me.
I am also on CCK08 -- and dancing as fast as I can in that membership. I find that I really like the scheduling of the Elluminate sessions and the Ustream -- as I can book them off specific time in my clinical practice -- that runs hour by hour. It is difficult to really connect "with the connectivism folk as there are so many". I connected with Nellie Deutsch through the Scope and have joined her ning -- she is in the CCK08. However there are many people that I would love to "aggregate" and tag too -- and this is so new I'm having trouble assimulating the information in a stream -- more like hit and miss -- with at least some hits. I think the "loose ties" concept is really sticking to me.

This contrast with my Athabasca University Planning and Management course in Distance Education and Technology -- where there is a cohort, there is social software on Me2U, and there are specific papers to complete in a schedule.
Cheers Jo Ann