Here's how it works:
- Open a forum discussion thread
- Select "my annotations" from the pull-down menu at the top right
- Highlight text in a forum post then press the keyboard "enter" button (or mouse over to the right until you see a vertical yellow line and click)
- A small dash will appear in the margin
- Type your annotation
- By default your annotations are public. You can make them private by clicking on the small o icon to the right of your text.
You can view your annotations or all public annotations by clicking the summary link beside the annotations pull-down menu. For example, here is a page displaying all of the public annotations made so far in this seminar.
Beside the annotation pull-down menu there is a little blue ? icon which gives step-by-step instructions for using the annotation tool.
Please post your questions and comments about this tool! We're always looking for feedback.
(Edited by Sue Wolff - original submission Monday, 3 November 2008, 09:52 PM)