Maximizing your Involvement

Re: Maximizing your Involvement

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 1
Dear Colby,
I like your communication style -- and I think if we have never met a person -- but only through text -- it is very important to make ourselves visible. Here are two preliminary thoughts.
1)Embody the text -- One can note one's own and others style -- through some descriptions and questions. I like to get a feel for the person and their ideas: is it grounded, centered, off center, loose, tight, verbose, humourous, gathering, zapping, etc. and are my own responses what I want to communicate. This unfortunately is a bit time consuming -- but likely shows an Emotion Intelligence (EQ) to the reader -- and emotion state is important not just the ideas.

2) What are the parameter cues in the text? Does the person have an essential immediate need, or can the message wait? Do I have the time and the inclination to answer?
Jo Ann

In reply to Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers

Re: Maximizing your Involvement

by Colby Stuart -
Jo-Ann has raised an interesting point. The Emotion Intelligence (EQ) could also be part of a person's profile. This why tagging helps us identify preferences. Tagging can work in all directions - it can be collaborative. Using tagging, we can build profiles of people, tools, issues and topics, and just about anything.

Then we very quickly could see and access someone or something relevant to us - or to the issues at hand.

We can also make this very visual - setting the tags inside shapes that define or mark framework areas (e.g. viewpoints, levels of expertise, barometers, topics, communication tool preferences, etc).

In one quick look, we can find what we need and see if it fits with our interest level. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Click in the tag cloud and connect.