Multimembership Welcome and Introductions

Re: Multimembership Welcome and Introductions

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 0
Hi, I'm Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers,
I have been involved in online courses since 2003 and in teaching online since 2005. My main work is as a clinical/counselling psychologist (Registered in Alberta, Canada). The Canadian spelling of counselling does have 2 l's, an American friend found that incredulous. I find that I like our spellings but am always having to decide which way to go or who is my audience. I think that relates to multimemberships.

I am also Canadian Art Therapist and a Academy of Dance/Movement Therapist Registered. I have also been a member of the Canadian Group Psychotherapy Association for years. Now that I have got into e-learning -- I find that I'm seeing things through the question of what is effective educational lifelong learning.
All of my membership communities are at various stages of asking where they stand and what they need or want from technology, e-learning, Web 1.0 and 2.0. As a "bridger" I find I have been translating across professions for years and I like the sense of interdisciplinary studies that is now evolving.

I have just written posts following Jeffery's and Karen's posts with a few of my management approaches to coping with multimemberships.