Session 2: Review of the draft strategic goals

Re: Session 2: Review of the draft strategic goals

by Jim Taylor -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Wayne

While all the strategic goals are important, and there is an impressive amount of useful work in several of the associated working groups, it would probably be fruitful to gather opinions from the community on the priority ranking of the various activities currently underway. Working towards a critical path/GANNT chart overview would probably be productive, even though many of the activities  can continue in parallel.  

Further, from my perspective, the work on generating a Programme of Study is an immediate priority, which has the potential to engender credibility and generate momentum for the project as a whole. Concentrating our efforts on offering a transdisciplinary Foundation Year could provide a worthy focus and a worthwhile outcome, hopefully in a reasonable timeframe.

In reply to Jim Taylor

Re: Session 2: Review of the draft strategic goals

by Wayne Mackintosh -

Hi Jim,

Indeed - there is an impressive amount of planning and work being coorindiated by the OERu working groups (see list at the bottom of the quicklinks page.)  

I'll try to compile a short online survey tomorrow listing the main activities identified by all the working groups to gather opinion on priority rankings from the community. This will be a valuable input for the strategic planning working group. Good idea!

Developing product for a coherent programme of study is a major priority for the OERu family. It's a complex challenge - but I think we can come up innovative but workable solutions particularly if we can find creative ways to bridge the gap between the future value of the OERu network and the tangible benefits partners can extract in the near future as course assembly progresses.