Credit, Correlation and Creative Common Licenses

Credit, Correlation and Creative Common Licenses

by Megan Garvy -
Number of replies: 0

It is insightful to learn how/where to find OER. The step-by-step sequence was clear and concise. I will use this in the future. I just attended a workshop related to creating your own textbook. I am exploring this option for several of my courses. I am thrilled that the creative commons website is so easy to use. I am hopeful that more educators embrace this attitude of sharing. The “Writing Commons” website is a great example of an open textbook. It is filled with quality resources for a handful of courses. I am going to link the “Genres” page to my storytelling class. I did realize that I do a poor job currently at choosing images with a creative commons license. I am going to utilize these recommended websites for images and icons. Adding a Creative Commons license to a document requires great consideration as to the type of license. I am questioning the document that I have created… I believe that we learn and grow with each new concept or idea that we hear, read, see, etc. I feel like I need a crash course/review for citations before proceeding with creating OERs. How much credit do I give? I know that my work might be authentic, but the ideas are linked from my experiences and knowledge that grows from the work of others. If I produce a new learning tool, I must include correlation to an established tool with copyright labels and cite/reference as needed. Am I correct in my understanding of this process?