Where to start

Where to start

by Mary Burgess -
Number of replies: 7

Hi Everyone,

Many of you are finding your way around the workshop site, which is great. For those who are feeling a bit lost, I thought I'd post to say that we have put a number of resources on this page: http://scope.bccampus.ca/course/view.php?id=374&section=1, which will introduce you to the topics of openness and open textbooks specifically. In the synchronous session on Thursday morning, I'll be going into a bit more detail and you'll have a chance to ask questions as well. If you can't attend, the session will be recorded and we'll post the link on the course site.

In reply to Mary Burgess

Re: Where to start

by Annie Swihart -

I am unable to attend the session on Thursday but look forward to the shared recording. 

In reply to Mary Burgess

by Claudia Da Silva -

Will we be able to access the recorded session later on? In case we cannot participate at 10AM?

In reply to Claudia Da Silva

by Mary Burgess -

Yes, as soon as we can process it, we'll post the recording here on the workshop site. 

In reply to Mary Burgess

by Carole Mackewich -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your explanation of how to navigate the site. I've been poking around, found the reading and Ted.com clips for the week, and read and watched all of them. I wish I could be at the synchronous session on Thursday morning, but my schedule won't allow for it.  I will listen to the recording when it is posted.

Are there specific assignments to complete (if so, I am having difficulty finding them) or is joining the discussion the only expectation?

Thanks,

Carole :o)

In reply to Carole Mackewich

by Mary Burgess -

Really glad you've found your way around Carole, and you are right, the only activites this week are looking at the resources and posting in the forums. 

In reply to Mary Burgess

by Karina Sternin -

Thanks for the resource address.  I've been poking around a bit and find the whole concept of Open Textbook and am getting quite excited about it.  One of the things I love most about going to workshops or conferences is just this; people share their ideas, others try them out and get reinvigorated.

In reply to Karina Sternin

by Sylvia Currie -

Ahhh yes! Where's the "like" button? :-) I know what you mean, Karina. Nothing like hanging around people who are doing neat things to get inspired.