Welcome and Introduction

Welcome and Introduction

by Mary Burgess -
Number of replies: 5

Greetings everyone! I'm so happy to see so many of you already so keen to get going in this workshop! I'm one of the 3 facilitators, and you can see a short intro video from me here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Y-cbLfApY.

I live in Victoria, B.C., and work at BCcampus. You can learn more about our organization here: http://www.bccampus.ca. 

I'll be checking into the forums several times each day and look forward to conversing with you all. 

See you online!

In reply to Mary Burgess

Re: Welcome and Introduction

by Claudia Da Silva -

Mary, Not sure if the Victoria B.C. is the Victoria Island I visited before but, if it is, I can only say that you live in a BEAUTIFUL place. I visited it in 1984 when I studied in Seattle University and then took a trip with some friends to Vacouver and Victoria Island!!!

In reply to Claudia Da Silva

by Mary Burgess -

I'm guessing it's the very same Claudia! I live in Victoria, which is on Vancouver Island, just across the Georgia Strait from Vancouver. It is an amazing and very beautiful place, I am very lucky! 

In reply to Mary Burgess

by William Lee JACKSON -

Mary that is interesting. I teach a class in Pacific Northwest History and like to visit all the places I talk about. The the last two are on my list to visit the last week of the class. We will be taking the Pt. Townsend Ferry to Victoria for a day and night then heading North to Campbell River and Nootka Sound. We will go to the mainland and on the way home to Dupont will make a side trip to Point Roberts. Hoping the weather holds.

In reply to William Lee JACKSON

by Mary Burgess -

Sounds like a great trip William! I've spent quite a bit of time in Strathcona Park, which is between Campbell River and Nootka sound - there is incredible rock climbing and hiking in that area. Bring your raincoat for sure! It can get very wet! Hope you have a wonderful time. 

In reply to Mary Burgess

by Karina Sternin -

Hi,

My name is Karina.  I teach ESL at the Seattle Community College District.  I got a late start on this workshop, but I'll catch up quickly.  I'm looking for new ways of teaching and this looks intriguing.

Thanks to the facilitators and BCCampus for making this possible.

Karina