Introduction

Introduction

by Carole Mackewich -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Everyone,

My name is Carole Mackewich, and I am a member of the Counseling Faculty at Clark Community College, in Vancouver, WA.   I am Chair of our Department (Human Development), and currently teach College Success and Practical Reasoning and Decision Making (a critical thinking and ethical decision making course) online, and Career and Life Planning (face-to-face).

We are having difficulty deciding on a new text for our Career Development class because none of them cover all of our learning outcomes, and we are also very interested in a text that is no/low cost to the students.  This has led me to consider a sabbatical for a quarter (next fall) in order to create an open source text.

I know very little (really, nothing! :o() about open textbooks and have never seen one.  I hope to learn about resources from you (all of you) and to determine if what I want to do is feasible/possible with open source materials.

To date, I have not found an open source text for my discipline.  I am looking for materials related to career development theories/theorists, careers of the future, pattern of interest and how it relates to career choice, personality typology (and how it relates to career coice), values and skills identification, constraint analysis and decision making.

I am looking forward to learning from all of you, and thank you in advance for any assistance or resourcesyou can lead me to.

Warm regards,

Carole :o)