Welcome to OERu: Developing an Agenda Together

Welcome to OERu: Developing an Agenda Together

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 4

Welcome to OERu: Developing an Agenda Together, and welcome (back) to SCoPE seminars! After a hiatus from our monthly seminars we are excited to kick off the academic year with this important step in the implementation of the OERu.

About this seminar

During this two-week seminar we will review progress of OERu implementation and discuss development of the agenda for the next meeting of OERu anchor partners. This seminar builds on earlier SCoPE discussions from 2011:

About our facilitators

Wayne Mackintosh is founding Director of OER Foundation and the International Centre for Open Education based at Otago Polytechnic in New Zealand.

Irwin Devries is Director of Curriculum Development, Thompson Rivers University (TRU) Open Learning Division, located in British Columbia, Canada.

Brian Lamb is Director, Innovation Open Learning, also at TRU.

Participating in SCoPE Seminars

SCoPE seminars are free and open to the public, and registration is not required. You are welcome to come and go according to your schedule and interests. To contribute you will need to create an account on the SCoPE site -- a quick process. Are you new to SCoPE or wondering how to manage your participation? Check this resource.

If you have any questions about participating in SCoPE don't hesitate to ask here in the forum, or get in touch with me directly:

Sylvia Currie
scurrie@bccampus.ca
+1 250-318-2907

In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Welcome to OERu: Developing an Agenda Together

by Haydn Blackey -

Hi Sylvia,

good to be back in contact again, I hope you are well.

I'm really looking forward to the collaberation with OERu colleaguges in developing the agenda.

Cheers,

Haydn

Haydn Blackey
Head of the Centre for Excellence in Learning and TeachingPennaeth Canolfan Rhagoriaeth Dysgu ac Addysgu
Centre for Excellence in Learning and TeachingCanolfan Rhagoriaeth Dysgu ac Addysgu
University of South WalesPrifysgol De Cymru 
Pontypridd Pontypridd
WalesCymru
CF37 1DL

Tel │Ffôn: +44 (0)1443 654331

haydn.blackey@southwales.ac.uk
http://www.southwales.ac.uk

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -

Hi Sylvia, 

I'm glad to be able to listen in. I'm looking forward to learning how things develop. I was a very enthusiatic  Wikieducator, but lost my way when the OER university initiative began as it opened doors for universities, but closed doors for me as an independent educator. I will be lurking if that's acceptable as I don't represent a university.   

In reply to Dr. Nellie Deutsch

Re: lurking and learning

by Sylvia Currie -

Nellie, if you don't represent a university in this discussion my guess is you're not alone! Welcome back to SCoPE, and as you know, lurking to learn is always acceptable here. Heck, I do it all the time :-)

by Don Beadle -

Hello Sylvia and all.

I am a day late and a dollar short, but here finally (OK only a week late).