Early Bird Catches the Worm???

Early Bird Catches the Worm???

by Cynthia Alexander -
Number of replies: 0

Hi, I'm Cynthia Alexander from Cerritos College (Norwalk, CA).  I saw Megan's post in my email inbox and thought I'd drop in to see what's going on.  A bit about myself/college...I got stoked on OER when I say my "buddy" James GG at an ITC Conference last year.  He was with Una Daly (who I did not know) and John Makevich (who I did know) and I asked them to join me at my table.  Soon we were joined by Cable Green and the four of them began talking about OER.  I was enthralled.  After the conference, I joined the Open Courseware Consortium on behalf of Cerritos College (with permission from the college president, of course) and soon I was participating on the advisory board for the CCCOER.  I found out that Cerritos College has been using open resources for several years, specifically in our Business Management Department, and that the college was involved with Project Kaleidoscope, a grant to create open courses using only OER.  I started and maintain the college OER website with information sent to me by Una and James and my biggest frustration is that there are so many faculty on our campus who have no clue what OER is and if they are aware, they think that the resources couldn't possibly be quality.  So, my goal with this workshop is to learn more about OER and hopefully ways to get the word out on our campus.

Oh, by the way, I don't like worms.