Task 4: Go earn some badges already!
7. Identify a variety of sites that issue badges.
Spend some time to find two or more sites that issue badges. Are these event based badges or learning based badges? Do the badges exist on their own or are they a part of a hierarchy or network? Earn some badges and figure out how they are displayed. Were the badges easy to earn? How easily can they be displayed outside of the site where you earned the badges? Display your badges or send the link to a friend.
8. Describe the skills, knowledge and curriculum the badges represent.
Can you easily describe the criteria for earning the badges you just completed? Were they part of a bigger curriculum? Were the badges more commercially oriented? Would displaying the badges attract other to earn the badges or participate in related learning?
Consider these sites, there are others...
- Khan Academy - http://www.khanacademy.org/badges
- FourSquare - http://www.4squarebadges.com/foursquare-badge-list/
- BadgeStack - http://badgestack.com/
- Mozilla Open Badges - http://openbadges.org
- Stackoverflow - http://stackoverflow.com/badges
- Wikipedia Barnstars - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Barnstars