We're heading into week 2 of our Educational Development series so I thought I should post a quick recap on what happened last week. Links to session recordings and any background readings are are updated in the forum description.
I jotted down the responses to Nancy's kick-off question:
What does educational development mean to you?
- Faculty engaging in in reflective practice with a view to improving student learning.
- Sharing: wisdom, resources, research
- Support and guidance for faculty
- Learning opportunities that enhance the student experience (faculty do learning).
- Incremental change to teaching practice based on learning theory
Here are the slides:
Campus-Based Educational Development
View more PowerPoint from BCcampus
Thanks to everyone who participated, and special thanks to Heather Kincaid, our co-op student from Simon Fraser University, for moderating!