Week 2 Web Conference is today!

Week 2 Web Conference is today!

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 2

Reminder! We have our second Engaging Students in Inquiry Learning web conference today. I hope you will all join us!

When: Tuesday, 10 April, 13:30 pm Pacific (see your time zone)

WhereSCoPE Blackboard Collaborate room

How to Prepare:

• If you have time, watch Vignettes 3 and 4 prior to the session. Optional, of course! We don't give homework at SCoPE :-) You will also find the one page summaries (PDF) helpful. All are available here. The PDFs are also on slideshare for viewing online.
  • If you are new to Blackboard Collaborate check that your equipment is ready ahead of the session.
  • Plan to join a few minutes prior to the start of the event.
  • Enter your full name when prompted.
  • Questions to ponder: What is inquiry learning and what are its various forms in our post-secondary programs?

This is an open invitation so please spread the word! 

In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Week 2 Web Conference is today!

by Sylvia Currie -

Another fantastic session yesterday! I'll be back with more tidbits  but for now here is the recording: 

https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2012-04-10.1304.M.AC456DEF2B5841109A2E4E2783A336.vcr&sid=727

In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Week 2 Web Conference is today!

by Don Beadle -

I enjoyed the discussion and presentation yesterday.  One item that did not come up was a timeline.  Some inquiry projects take a year, or more,  masters projects or theses are examples.  Some inquiry projects are of course much shorter, the legal briefs students  examined were discussed over a few hours.  Same cycle, different timeline.