Please post the questions that you want the student panel to answer on Friday's Elluminate discussion!
- Does feedback through in online class evaluations improve teaching?
- How do educators accommodate students with different learning habits?
- What tools will help teachers engage students?
- What changes can be done to the way online courses are administered?
What types of online learning activities have you found to be engaging and useful; and what types are of less value? Why?
I have a couple questions. Actually, I have more, but don't want to bombard you! And technically I think I'm sneaking in a 3rd question with #2 :-)
- Just how mobile do you want your learning to be?
- What are the challenges to online group work? What tools would help you with collaborative projects?
There is a significant argument that collaboration skills are necessary 'in the real world' (as if university is somehow not real?). Do you find that collaborative projects in your courses are useful in developing those skills? Or is the grief associated with absent group members, freeloaders and saboteurs just too much for those experiences to be effective?