Greetings future AVIs!

Greetings future AVIs!

by Anil Prasad P -
Number of replies: 15

Hi Friends,

I am Anil Prasad from Kerala, India and eagerly waiting for an engaging discussion on AVI.

Warm regards

Anil

http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Anil_Prasad
http://www.apletters.blogspot.com

In reply to Anil Prasad P

Re: Greetings future AVIs!

by Kathleen Zarubin -

Hi Anil. I'm from Brisbane / Queensland / Australia .. and like you excited to see the where, what, how ... :)  Talk later

by Valerie Peachey -

Hi Everyone, this is an exciting initiative and I look forward to discussing a "world" of possibilities. .

Regards,

Val Peachey

by Alison Snieckus -

I am excited to be part of this endeavor, and look forward to learning more and collaborating with others.

Alison
New Jersey, USA
http://wikieducator.org/User:ASnieckus

In reply to Alison Snieckus

by Irwin DeVries -

Hi all - great to see participants at the start line already - this is going to be good!

Irwin

by simon fenton-jones -

Hi,

I'm simon. I'm an ancient engineer who's wants to see the OERu have an infrastructure that supports 94m learners. 

I'm interested to see if the scope of the kind of infrastructure we are using for this meeting can be expanded, by encouraging the engineers who run each county's Education and Research Network to collaborate. 

And perhaps even participate in this call.

by Vasi Doncheva -
Great to see some introductions on the way before our official kick off on Monday 5 December,
looks like we have great group of participants really enthusiastic and committed to make a difference.

I'm excited and looking forward to desing and invent the furtre of AVIs and OERu together.

Vasi

by Wendy Burton -
Good morning from the west coast of Canada. I am looking forward to our conversation on AVI.

by Don Beadle -
Good morning from Roberts Creek, British Columbia, on Canada's West Coast. I am looking forward to the dialogue
In reply to Don Beadle

by Christine Horgan -

Hello:

Chris Horgan from SAIT Polytechnic, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Busy time of year for me, so I expect I'll be mostly lurking.

Thanks, Chris

by Ellen Marie Murphy -

Greetings from New York State and Empire State College (one of the anchor partners of OERU).  I'm excited about the future we will building as we engage with one another this week.

Ellen

by Joyce McKnight -

Hello everyone:  I am very happy to be here.  I am an Associate Professor at SUNY/Empire State College one of the Anchor Partners.  I have been a mentor working with our degree planning and PLA  (prior learning assessment program) for 13 years in total (4 in the late 1980's and early 1990's and 9 since 2003).  I have a doctorate in adult education and a special interest in self-directed learning so I am here not only as part of an Anchor institution but as an academic with interest and knowledge in the area we are discussing.  I am very excited about this seminar and hope I can be of help.  All the best to all.  Dr. Joyce McKnight, Associate Professor, SUNY Empire State College.

by Betty Hurley-Dasgupta -

Hello! I also look forward to the discussion.  I'm a strong believer in the power of individuals working togetehr toward a common goal. I joined Empire State College in 1982, fascintated by an organization that took the time to help each learner develop an individual program and, in the process,  reaching well beyond its rented walls to the community to assist in its mission. As we've grown, we've not always remained true to that vision, but we've come pretty close. I'm proud of our joining OERu as an anchor member and am energized by what is to come.

by David Porter -

Hi.  I got a bit of a late start, but have been reading the postings and comments in an effort to catch up.

This forum is a great opportunity to surface current thinking from the educator community on OERu and AVI. I'm looking forward to reading what develops.

d.

In reply to David Porter

by Don Beadle -
I see thar David, Wendy and myself are clustered in one geographic area, are there other similar natural groupings

by carol yeager -

I am looking forward to being a part of the evolving endeavor for open higher education on  a global level.  While I may not have been an active partiicipant to date, I have been lurking and liking what has become a very exciting opportunity for lifelong learning for all of us.  My time the past few months has been usurped and my attention focused on developing and facilitating a MOOC (massive open online course) with global participation.  It has been exciting and a fabulous learning experience all around.  I expect OERu to be much the same. I am a mentor and Prior Learning Assessment evaluator with SUNY/Empire State College.