Cases in Online Interview Research is a selective collection of case studies and critiques. Ten researchers were each invited to create a case study of the online research dimension of their research in a consistent format that encourages cross-case comparisons. This international group of researchers represents diverse disciplines, including business, education, psychology, climate science, communications, museum studies and health. They use varied qualitative methodologies including case study, grounded theory, action research, and phenomenology. Some of the contributors will join us during the Reading Group seminar.
I look forward to exploring the E-Interview Research Framework and the cases, as well as the research (or research teaching) questions of the SCoPE community in this Professional Reading Group event!
A preliminary plan includes a synchronous event to launch and to close the discussion. The seminar will be shaped by the active participants, so we may spend more time on cases or your areas of interest.
- Part 1. Framework for E-Interview Research: A synchronous session with Janet Salmons will explore the 8 inter-related categories of key questions about online interview research that serves as is the organizational principle for the book. We'll explore the implications for planning to conduct research interviews online, or teaching/guiding student researchers. We'll discuss Chapter 1.
- Part 2. Interviews and Postings: Conducting Research with Social Media
Q & A and discussion about Chapters 2 and 3.
- Part 3. Interviews and Observations: Conducting Research in Immersive 3D MUVES
Q & A and discussion about Chapters 4 - 7.
February 27-March 3
- Part 4: Visual and Verbal Interviews: Conducting Research in Meeting or Videoconference Spaces
Q & A and discussion about Chapters 8-11.
- Part 5: Online Interviews in Your Research: A synchronous session with Janet Salmons and contributors to Cases in Online Interview Research We'll discuss Chapter 12.
Cases in Online Interview Research is available from Sage Publications and your favorite bookseller in November 2011. Cases and Online Interviews in Real Time will also be available as CourseSmart and Kindle e-books, in November 2011. International availability may be a bit later.