Introductions

Introductions

by Deirdre Bonnycastle -
Number of replies: 4
Hello everyone, I'm Deirdre Bonnycastle, faculty developer for the College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan. Prior to this, I was an instructional designer at the university and at the Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology. Prior to that I was a program developer in Winnipeg and Ontario. Not bad for 39 years as a teacher, smile.I'm looking forward to this discussion.
In reply to Deirdre Bonnycastle

Re: Introductions

by Christine Horgan -

Hello:

I'm Christine (Chris) Horgan, Curriculum Co-ordinator at SAIT Polytechnic.

Looking forward to this discussion. Parts of David's most recent posting hit home for me.

May have to be a "fully engaged lurker" vs. an active participant in this conversation, though.

by Sarah Haavind -
Hi Deirdre and Christine,
Nice "seeing" you again. I teach in an online Masters Science in Education program at Lesley University in Cambridge, MA, US. In addition, I work on the pedagogy side with other faculty moving their courses to more blended or online at Lesley and elsewhere.
In reply to Sarah Haavind

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Hi,
It appears to be a great start in a discussion on Automating ID. I look forward to checking out more of the url's already shared and I see some new and some familiar names. I live in Edmonton Alberta and have a practice in Clinical/counseling psychology as well as in Dance/movement Therapy and Art Therapy. I am familiar with Lesley University through some BC-DMTs that I have met over time. I have been assisting some DMT's to learn how to use blended learning and LMS systems and ID. My practice keeps me busy, but I am a lifelong learner. Jo Ann

by Hemlata chari -
Hello
I am Hemlata from Mumbai, India Unlike all of you I am in the first stage of Instructional Design, I have my PhD from Univ of Alberta
I am now an Assoc Prof and Deputy Director (Academic) from Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL) University of Mumbai.
I head Course design and development for all programs. We have approximately 100,000 students
I am in the process of getting hands on experience, hence I may be a slow learner as compared to others in the group
Looking forward
Cheers