STLHE - poster presentation

STLHE - poster presentation

by Janine Hirtz -
Number of replies: 7
Hello team,

I have attached a draft of the poster for our presentation at STLHE. Please feel free to mark it up - make suggestions, check your logos....

I also think I saw an email message that you might get started on the poster Sylvia, (sorry if I jumped the gun and if you have something in mind please send it along). I was concerned that I wasn't doing much and you have been doing so much of the work so far! : )

Thanks for your feedback! (we also have a printer that can print up this 3x4 sized poster and we will have it laminated as well).
In reply to Janine Hirtz

Re: STLHE - poster presentation

by Sylvia Currie -
Poster is looking good! And no worries about jumping in to do that. I barely remember saying I would do it tongueout

I think we should register a unique URL for the project. I can get http://sotl.bccampus.ca. Unfortunately sotl.ca is taken, but we could think about variations on that, like SoTLconnect.ca, etc.

In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Sylvia Currie -
Diana Chan designed a logo for the project (attached). She brought in colours from EDC logo, plus the tiny maple leaf. Any feedback? We can also make some adjustments later, and meanwhile add it to the poster. I'm using a variation of the logo (without the search * connect * collaborate * publish tag line)
Attachment SoTL-logo.png

by Sylvia Currie -
Janine, when do you need to print the poster? In addition to adding the graphic we might want to adjust the colours of the poster to match the green/blue. Also I've been fiddling with a visual (rough mockup attached) for the front page and I hope Diana will have a chance to work on it today. I can change the colours manually in each group, but need to get FTP access to the site to change the colours on the main page. Hopefully today... With this in place we could take some new screen shots. If not we can fudge it for the poster :-)

Re front page image, in a way the phases of the research and movement through the site represent a cycle. Once a project is completed/published it will be time to think about searching and connecting, etc re a new topic. But maybe this is a continuum rather than a cycle?
Attachment frontvisual.png

by Janine Hirtz -
I like the graphic logo, visuals and colors and should be able to incorporate this into poster! Can we get confirmation on the url so I can add that too. Will try for new screen shots. I am looking into the deadline to print the poster and will have news soon! See you at ETUG Sylvia : )

I will provide the revised poster - hopefully tomorrow or thursday...

Janine

by Heather Hurren -
I like the idea - can we have arrows coming off of each circle leading to the next circle?
In reply to Heather Hurren

by Sylvia Currie -
Good idea to have arrows. Diana just had a quick chat and she is working on the graphic right now. She can put in arrows, and has a much better eye for creating visuals than I have!

See you at the ETUG workshop Janine! (puff puff puff...)