Welcome to Online Conferences: Professional Development for a Networked Era!

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 1

About this seminar
This 2-week seminar discussion is part of the professional reading series, and is based on the book Online Conferences: Professional Development for a Networked Era, by Lynn Anderson and Terry Anderson. We will share experiences and advice on how to plan or participate effectively in an online professional development conference. Lynn and Terry have provided other background reading as well, so even if you haven't had a chance to read the book you should still participate!

We will kick off the discussion with a 60-minute web conference in Elluminate on April 11, 2011 at 10:00 PDT, 17:00 GMT.

About our facilitators
Lynn Anderson is an eLearning Consultant and Online Professional Development Event Coordinator. Many of you will be familiar with Lynn's involvement with the Canadian Institute of Distance Education Research at Athabasca University as the CIDER Sessions Coordinator.

Terry Anderson is Professor at Athabasca University and Canada Research Chair in Distance Education. Terry is frequently invited to share his research at conferences around the world, most recently at the Estonia E-Learning Conference. He is also Editor of the International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning.

Participating in SCoPE seminars
SCoPE seminars are free and open to the public, and registration is not required. You are welcome to come and go according to your schedule and interests. To contribute you will need to create an account on the SCoPE site -- a quick process. Are you new to SCoPE or wondering how to manage your participation? Check this resource.

If you're a Diigo or Delicious user we can round up our resources pertaining to this seminar topic by using the tag 'improveconf'. In Diigo you may choose to share to the SCoPE group.

If you have any questions about participating in SCoPE don't hesitate to ask here in the forum, or get in touch with me directly: Sylvia Currie, scurrie@bccampus.ca skype:webbedfeat +1 250-318-2907
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Welcome to Online Conferences: Professional Development for a Networked Era!

by Mauri Collins -
Greetings, all!! I realize I am a few hours ahead of y'all but I wanted to let you know that I will be on the bus down to Medina today for a 2 day conference (just got permission to go 2 days ago :-( but I have started reading and will catch up with the discussion as I can over the next 2-3 days. Glad to be here!!

DrMauri
Preparatory Year Program
Qassim University
Buraydah, Saudi Arabia