3rd annual OCE event

3rd annual OCE event

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 4
Things are coming together nicely for the 3rd annual gathering of online community enthusiasts! We have a venue and the planning is underway.

If you think you'll be joining us RSVP here.

To stay in the loop you should subscribe to the OCE2011 Gathering: Before and After forum, by email or RSS.

Do you have any questions?
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: 3rd annual OCE event

by Virginia Rego -

Hi Sylvia,

This looks like a great event - is there a deadline to register? I looked but couldn't find one...so maybe you could point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

In reply to Virginia Rego

by Sylvia Currie -
Virginia! So nice to see you here! Thanks for asking about registration deadline...

The main thing is that you indicate if you are interested in attending so I'll know for catering -- they require a final count 48 hrs in advance. If we see the numbers rising past 40 we'll need to get a commitment from the folks who have selected 'hope so', and think about cutting off registration. Kind of a loosey–goosey!
In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Virginia Rego -
Loosey-goosey works for me, thanks Sylvia. What kind of online options are there? We have a team, and may be sending some F2F, and have some do the online....
In reply to Virginia Rego

online options

by Sylvia Currie -
Good question, Virginia! We're still working on the logistics of the program for the day. There will be various opportunities to participate from a distance (e.g. twitter #OCE2011), and we'll make every effort to share out work out. But the scheduled event that members of your team will want to mark on their calendars for sure will be:

1:00 - 3:00
20 minutes presentation by Susan Stewart and LaDonna Coy who are currently investigating how to engage distributed f2f groups in an online event. Then we'll do some breakout groups (Elluminate and f2f combo) as a way try this format out.

I expect a little more detail will get added to the wiki over the next week.

I'm so glad the whole team will be participating!