Apology for any double posting for members already signed up to attend the virtual meeting.
The OER Foundation and WikiEducator is pleased to announce that Professor Jim Taylor, AM. from the University of Southern Queensland, will lead and facilitate discussions on building a logic model for the OER university at the open planning meeting for the OER for assessment and credit for students project. Jim says that: ""We aim to create a parallel learning universe to augment and add value to traditional models through effective collaboration networks."
Jim is a leading international scholar and experienced distance education practitioner. Jim's abridged CV attests to the calibre of leadership that will support and guide us in building sustainable OER futures:
- Professor, Australian Digital Futures Institute, University of Southern Queensland.
- 2000 - 2009: Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Learning Services), University of Southern Queensland.
- 2009: Australian Higher Education Quality Award for meritorious service to quality advancement in Australian higher education.
- 2009: Appointment as a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia for service to tertiary education, particularly in the areas of open learning, on-line and distance education, as an academic, researcher and administrator.
- 2002-2005: President of the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE)
- 1988 - 2000: Professor and Director, Distance Education Centre, University of Southern Queensland.
Spread the word.
2011 will be a quantum shift year for the mainstream adoption of OER.