Today! Live Interactive Interview with Wayne Mackintosh

Today! Live Interactive Interview with Wayne Mackintosh

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 7
Today at noon Pacific, 20:00 GMT, Steve Hargadon will be interviewing Wayne Mackintosh on designing an OER university. Details and link to Elluminate room can be found on Steve's blog. Hope to see you there!
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Today! Live Interactive Interview with Wayne Mackintosh

by Sylvia Currie -
Fantastic interview with Wayne Mackintosh on Friday! The recording link is posted here.

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
I enjoyed listening to the recording and wished I had been there at the live event. I feel that many educators need to learn more about sharing and collaborating. I find that many educators would benefit from receiving hands on workshops on how to collaborate. Most instructors seem to be very possessive about their ideas and are fearful of sharing them with others. Wayne models a sharing mindset that is admirable.
In reply to Dr. Nellie Deutsch

by Vasi Doncheva -
Hi Nellie,
I agree that learning how to share and be open to collaboration and co-creation of learning resources and experiences is critical for educators today. There are great examples of that on Wikieducator that are inspiring.

In reply to Vasi Doncheva

by Wayne Mackintosh -
Hi Vasi,

I think the OER challenge for 2011 is to cross the chasm from sharing to LEARN ==> LEARNING to share :-)

Let's make OER futures happen.

Cheers

In reply to Wayne Mackintosh

by Deleted user -
Hi Wayne,

I like the idea of learning to share. Do you see any contribution start-up institutions or individuals in the developing countries can contribute rather than being merely recipients?

One way can be in participating in courses that might help other learn about issues in their contexts. This would require joint plan with people in need though.

Does anyone see other possibilities?
In reply to Deleted user

by Wayne Mackintosh -
Hi Bernard,

Participation from developing countries right from the start of the OER concept is a pre-requisite for success. We must plan OER futures together. In the absence of active engagement and participation from all countries -- I don't think we will be able to achieve success.

This is why the OER Foundation subscribes to open philanthropy and all countries are invited to participate in the planning meeting.

We look forward to your contributions in shaping the plans for sustainable OER futures!

by Vinod Kumar Kanvaria -

Hi all,

I suggest, we should prepare an enriched pool of not only content resource but an expanded and highly qualified pool of teaching faculty too for our university.

Experienced faculties must be given provisions to visit and interact with learners of other countries, not only on computers virtually but in real too, at their places.

Regards.

Vinod