Visualizing LAK11

Re: Visualizing LAK11

by Sten Govaerts -
Number of replies: 2
Thank you!

It only shows the actvities of when you were logged in to moodle. When you are not logged in all your actions are tracked as the "guest" user. I removed the guest user from the visualization because it will not make any sense to see a actions from a random set of people. This problem would not exist if the course was not available for guest users. But than it would not be an "Open" course...

I can provide the tool if you are interested!
In reply to Sten Govaerts

by Murray Richmond -
Thanks for the offer of the tool. I will need to talk to our Moodle technical folks and try to persuade them that this is something we should try.

"Open" is an evolving notion in my mind. I struggle with what parts of a course to conduct outside the Moodle shell with all its attendant privacy and identity protections. At the same time, I'm trying to make sure that my students become proficient in using Web 2.0 and social networking tools. Also, I'm trying to develop a learning community around the topics that will exist beyond the time limits of the course.

It seems to me we are trying to define an "open" space embedded in the intersection/overlap of formal courses and personal learning environments.
In reply to Sten Govaerts

by Vincenzo Zini -
I'm interested in this tool too! smile
I find it really useful to understand the students' learning style. I think it would be very useful also to build reports about the students' activities.approve

Can you provide it to me, please?

Vincenzo