Quora Invitation?

Quora Invitation?

by Atul Sabnis -
Number of replies: 7
Hello, Seems that Week 2 has some dependency on Quora - but is available by invitation only.

Anybody have invites and willing to share?

I am at mail.sabnis@gmail.com

Thanks,

~Atul
In reply to Atul Sabnis

Re: Quora Invitation?

by Atul Sabnis -
Thank you, George! Much appreciated!

~Atul
In reply to Atul Sabnis

by ines cambiasso -

Hi Atul,

I´d like to know how to use Quora as well. Where can I find George´s reply?

Thank you.

In reply to Atul Sabnis

by merce galan -
I sent an invitation, but I think I'm late ... XD

if anyone wants to invite you to write me a merce.galan @ gmail.com

Greetings
In reply to Atul Sabnis

by Susannah Skyer Gupta -
Strange -- I was just able to sign up using my email (or could have chosen to connect via FB or Twitter). This looks similar to Hunch, creepily knowing topics of interest to me before I knowingly provided any info.
In reply to Susannah Skyer Gupta

by Viplav Baxi -

There is something the Quora guys have done in the registration process. No one from who I know in India has been able to sign up without an invite. Strange.

Viplav

In reply to Viplav Baxi

by Barbara Dieu -
Same thing in Brazil, Viplav.

I got an invitation in my inbox from an acquaintance. The email also showed me other people I knew. When I followed the link, I was obliged to choose between either my Twitter account, Facebook or Gmail login.

I chose Twitter because I have fewer people there and I know these programs get hold of your mailing list and start inviting them without your knowing.

Bingo!This is what happened. Two days after I had confirmed my address and entered the site, I noticed it had already befriended an x number of people (without my doing anything - so I suppose they must have received an automatic mail telling them I had invited them) and was being followed by so many others. I was also inserted in a number of groups/topics I have no interest in.

I must confess I disliked the experience profoundly.

PS - I have also noticed that I cannot just delete my account. Just deactivate it (like in Facebook) - so although I am not active, the information is all kept there. Sounds like the lyrics of The Eagles Hotel California:

"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

We are all just prisoners here, of our own device...

In reply to Barbara Dieu

by Viplav Baxi -

Thats really weird! I wonder why they are doing that.

Eagles is really relevant :). Let us rebel with Pink Floyd!

Viplav