Irwin in Kamloops BC Canada

Irwin in Kamloops BC Canada

by Irwin DeVries -
Number of replies: 4
Two in a row from Kamloops..this could be contagious! I think the cold has driven us indoors and to our computers!

Why this course? - just today several of us were talking/speculating about what really goes on in our courses, and we developed the analogy of packing a canoe with good stuff and pushing it out to sea with blind faith that students are doing what we expect...and further that they find it helpful and useful--once they get to the other side (assuming they do).

What a huge assumption when you think about it. We do a lot of our learning about our courses and learners waaaayyyy after the fact -- i.e. when it's time for revisions and maintenance. So this course will be a success for me if we can share ideas and learn more about this. And of course - the real success is in the networking opportunity!

I'm Director of Instructional Design at Thompson Rivers University--Open Learning and PhD candidate in Curriculum at Simon Fraser University.
In reply to Irwin DeVries

Re: Irwin in Kamloops BC Canada

by Tanya Elias -
Hi Irwin,

Good to get the chance to connect again. And your right learning analytics needs to be not only about gathering a whole lot of information, but also acting on it in a timely manner!

Look forward to chatting more as we continue!
In reply to Tanya Elias

by Sylvia Currie -
Seems the more international the course the greater the chance of bumping into my Kamloops neighbours online!
In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Irwin DeVries -
For sure! The lake must be beautiful at this time of year.
In reply to Tanya Elias

by Irwin DeVries -
Tanya, great to hear from you! Nice work on the paper.
Irwin