Hello from Toronto

Hello from Toronto

by Jenni Hayman -
Number of replies: 4
Just a brief intro, I'm a Masters of Distance Education student at Athabasca University at thesis stage. If I can get my three chapters in I may be doing a thesis called:
Architects of knowledge construction: Exploring connectivist and collaborative methodologies with online instructors.

Essentially I'm going to be developing and delivering an online course to train Ryerson University continuing education online instructors to use connectivist and collaborative design and delivery methods, by teaching the course that way. Should be an interesting journey.

What I need to know about Learning and Knowledge Analytics is everything, but specifically I will have to analyze the communication, dicussion forum, collaborative projects and any other artifacts for evidence of learning.

I might also be able to contribute something to the overall success of my institution by assisting in the evaluation and planning of online continuing education courses.

That's all I can add at this time. Looking forward to participating as much as possible. Full time job, thesis stage, two children, etc.

Cheers!
Jenni
In reply to Jenni Hayman

Re: Hello from Toronto

by Tanya Elias -
Hi Jenni,

Good to get a chance to connect again! Sounds like your thesis has taken an interesting turn. It's good when you can tie your thesis to your work!

I think the parts of this course on Social Network Analysis will be of a great help to you.

Hope to talk more as we go through.

Tanya

In reply to Tanya Elias

by Jenni Hayman -
Hi Tanya,

The thesis took an interesting turn indeed. I figured I might as well go all tech and tie it in to my job, which I continue to love. My goodness this MOOC business generates a lot of messages. I'm going to have to switch to RSS reader and ditch the email connection. Have to catch up already and watch George's intro as well as John's session. As we use Blackboard, I'm looking forward to all of the hidden mining opportunities I didn't know we possessed. Doing something at cnie in May? If yes, hope to see you there!

Cheers!
Jenni
In reply to Jenni Hayman

by Stian Håklev -
Hi Jenni,

that's really exciting. We are about 3 PhD students at Uni of Toronto also doing this course, maybe we could meet up at some point?

Stian
In reply to Stian Håklev

by Jenni Hayman -
Hi Stian,

I would very much enjoy getting together in the face-to-face pod mode. Let's get the Winter term underway and see what we all have time for. I'll try and read through for the other Torontonians but it's a lot of digital digging to find things in this course!

Jenni