Barbara (Bee) from São Paulo, Brazil

Barbara (Bee) from São Paulo, Brazil

by Barbara Dieu -
Number of replies: 7
I'm an EFL teacher (English as a Foreign Language), presently teaching at a secondary bilingual school (French-Portuguese) in São Paulo, Brazil.

I've been online since 1997, collaborating on international projects and involved in online course for professional development and networking. I have followed other MOOCS (literally and metaphorically from a distance) and have enrolled in this course to get a better idea of what Learning and Knowledge Analytics is all about.

It will be a success for me if I find the energy to reflect a bit about it at http://beespace.net and see how to apply tools and methods in the different learning contexts I am involved in both as an educator and a learner.

In reply to Barbara Dieu

Re: Barbara (Bee) from São Paulo, Brazil

by Vanessa Vaile -
So glad (relieved too) to see a familiar name/face from EVO. I'm doing Vance's Multiliteracies again and hope overlap and economy of scale will counterbalance overload effect at least somewhat.

I hear analytics bandied about so often without being as clear as I'd like on what they mean for education or how they are used. Admittedly, the marketing association is a bit off-putting. This seems as good a way as any to find out for myself.

I look forward to your reflections and am happy see Beespace off hiatus
In reply to Vanessa Vaile

by Barbara Dieu -
Hi Vanessa,
Nice to see you too! As you say, it is nice to find a familiar face on these Massive Courses but once you start mingling, you start finding more and more familiar faces - like in EVO.

It is one of my 2011 intentions to write in Beespace again :-)

In reply to Barbara Dieu

by Deleted user -
Hi Barbara,

I've just had a look at your blog and came acroos Social Media in ELT course. Along with your blog, the webpage for this course offers much for me to learn from as a language teacher engaged in tech, especially social media. Are you going to open a the course again because I'd really love to take part?

About me; I am Abdullah from Turkey. I am also a language teacher at Afyon Kocatepe University in Turkey. I teach English as a foreign languge too.

I am currently following my masters in Distance Education at Anadolu University in Turkey as well. I am interested in Social Learning and Social Networks. I am using Facebook to supplement my f2f classes with my students and I have partners from different parts of the world; English language teachers and learners. I created a FB group so that learners and teachers can interact and learn from each other collaboratively and get to know about other cultures as well.

Here is the link for the group:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_156527977715640&ap=1

You are most welcome if you would like to take part.

Nice knowing you.

Best,

Abdullah
In reply to Deleted user

by Barbara Dieu -
Hi Abdullah,
Nice to meet another language teacher engaged in tech :-) and thanks for the invite to Facebook, will check it out.

SMiELT was a great session and it was much fun to design it from scratch on Drupal, plan, organize and co-moderate. I have been away from the EVO (Electronic Village Online) since 2008 though. However, there are a lot of courses being offered this year. Why don't you join one? They have just started so you won't have missed anything.

Let's keep in touch!

In reply to Barbara Dieu

by Kami Mutan -
Hola Barbara!

Nice to see you here, too
:)

In reply to Kami Mutan

by Barbara Dieu -
Hola Violeta,
Same :-)
Saw some pics Michael posted on Flickr of you in Valparaiso. How are your studies going?
In reply to Barbara Dieu

by Kami Mutan -
Yes!!! We had a nice time! Thanks for sending him here :)

Thank God, I could successfully complete my first year :) Now I am on a break until March when I have to start with my research project.

I still haven't decided what m research would be about, but I am hopeful that I will find some inspiration here.

It's always nice to connect with you.

Saludos y muchos cariños (I never know how to say that in English :)

VC