Greetings from Belgium!

Greetings from Belgium!

by Inge Ignatia de Waard -
Number of replies: 5
hi all,
Great to connect and looking forward to the course. Joining the course as an enthusiast learner who uses technology for a multitude of learning reasons, but is not that good in statistics (yet :-)
I work as an eLearning coordinator at the Institute of Tropical Medicine in Belgium and as such I travel a lot and I am always looking for solutions that can cater to a wide variety of settings.

In reply to Inge Ignatia de Waard

Re: Greetings from Belgium!

by Stephen Dixon -
Hello Ignatia... good to see yo uhere in the course. I look forward to your insights and discussions.
In reply to Inge Ignatia de Waard

by Bert De Coutere -
More familiar faces :-)
Good you raised the privacy issue from the start in your blog. (I would not want to live in Uganda indeed.)
I'm not only seeing challenges on the protection of the 'input' data of analytics, I'm also worried that a lot of people cannot deal with 'the truth' as it is revealed from the pure data. We might have baselines in our heads that are totally unrealistic, biased for our view on society, hypocrite, .... Will these change once we find out what 'the truth' is and probably always has been? (we just didn't know)
In reply to Bert De Coutere

by Inge Ignatia de Waard -
Indeed, the truth is a difficult thing to grasp emotionally for it strips us down to our bare selves. Maybe that is why we - as a human species - have not reached a telepathic state yet, and I doubt if any of us could cope with such a state :-)