Tips for managing participation in SCoPE

Tips for managing participation in SCoPE

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 5
I prepared tip sheet with screen shots to help you figure out the best way to manage your participation in the LAK11 course forums. It may raise more questions so just ask!
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Tips for managing participation in SCoPE

by Brian Butler -
Sylvia, don't forget to have folks click on the "Show Advanced" button near the top when they are using "Edit profile" to see the choices that you show up in your document under Manage Personal Profile.

Umm ... that sounds even more confusing ...
In reply to Brian Butler

by Sylvia Currie -
Great suggestion, Brian! I just updated the tips page. I'm so grateful for this type of feedback.
In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Sarah Haavind -
Hi Syl,
Thank you for the tip sheet. Here's what I am wondering -- if I "unsubscribe" will I not receive the daily emails from George/the facilitator team? I have so many emails from LAK11 in my email box right now from Introductions and Week 1 (which I have to try another approach to manage, I know, but not my question), that I cannot locate the "daily email" from yesterday and today (Days 2 and 3, since I joined). I did find the archive of all emails sent, but I'd like to know what these look like in my email box so I can "see" them coming in. Can you just copy and paste a message subject so I know what to look for?
Thanks!
Sarah
In reply to Sarah Haavind

by George Siemens -
Sarah - the emails from Google Groups (the daily email I send) is not impacted by what you do in the moodle forum. You can change your forum subscriptions here without impact that email. Similarly, you can unsubscribe from that email without impacting your emails from Moodle...
In reply to Sarah Haavind

by Sylvia Currie -
Sarah, here's the subject from the facilitator team message yesterday:

[Daily] Recording, discussion, data/privacy

Watch for [Daily] in the subject heading. Also a good way to categorize and filter is all messages with to: LAK11@googlegroups.com